Butternut squash offers a good supply of vitamin A, potassium and fiber; making it a wonderful and nutritious food to include in baby’s new diet. Pears are rich in essential antioxidants, plant compounds, and dietary fiber. They are fat free and cholesterol free. Pears could help weight loss and reduce risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Butternut Squash and Pear are a good and healthy combination for your baby’s first foods.
1 medium butternut squash (about 450g)
1 ripe, juicy pear
- Peel the butternut squash, cut into two halves, remove the seeds and chop into pieces.
- Steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Peel, core and chop the pear
- Add it to the steaming butternut squash and continue to cook until the butternut squash is tender.
- Puree in a blender.
- Add water or baby milk for desired consistency.
- Store your pureed butternut squash and peer in an airtight plastic and freeze. We recommend using Moobi Food Pot or Moobi Freezer Tray, for best results.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the absence of a blender, Moobi Food Masher can be used to mash the steamed Butternut squash and pear.